Production of biodegradable medical gloves
Demand for medical gloves keeps rising. In order to provide protection not only for the the glove user, but also the patient, or customer, every healthcare professional uses gloves for practically all daily activities.
The same applies, inter alia, to laboratories, hairdressers, beauticians, nursing home carers, or physiotherapists.
Market situation - demand
Even before the pandemic, the demand for gloves was already huge and constantly growing due to the lack of direct substitutes, along with:
– an increase in the number of treatments,
– an increase in the level of awareness regarding infection prevention,
– stricter regulation of medical equipment,
– increased clean room production
DEMAND FOR MEDICAL GLOVES
The chart illustrates the growth in global demand in billions of units.
Elaborated on the basis of Mercator Medical data.
Why is the use of latex gloves decreasing?
Latex gloves contain rubber proteins, which can cause severe allergic reactions in both the glove wearer and the patient.
Therefore, in order to eliminate the risks associated with this, an artificial raw material, namely nitrile, is increasingly being used in the production of medical gloves.
COVID-19 highlighted the need for good quality barrier materials to prevent infection and contamination.
The demand for gloves will not decrease once the pandemic is over!
Problems on the medical gloves market and proposals for solving them
Medical Gloves manufactured by us:
- synthetic (nitrile)
- manufactured in a medium-volume production process
- produced in the spirit of zero waste
Our market advantage
Synthetic, biodegradable gloves are the answer to market trends and a step towards reducing environmental pollution.
To develop a way of achieving a satisfactory and economically viable volume of production under medium-scale conditions.
– rational use of raw materials
– automation of the production process
– scalability of production
– return and cycling of solvents and waste
The medium-volume production process will allow for greater elativity in terms of minimum production volumes, lead times, and so forth.
– Private and public healthcare facilities
– Online shop
– Sales platforms
– Sales platforms
– Production of gloves under third-party brand names
More details can be found here: For Investors
- R&D financing
- prototype financing
- product prototype
- production line
- audits (ISO)
- establishment of know-how
- audits (ISO)
- product sales (OEM)
- plant construction
- sales of know-how
what do we have?
- manufacturing cell design – two production capacities
- raw materials to start testing
- five different polymer formulations
- team of experts
- University (signed cooperation agreement + joint implementation of the project)
- consultants from Malaysia (cooperation agreement signed)
- project team
what do we need?
- funds for the purchase and commissioning of a manufacturing cell (test/output cell)
- funds for carrying out research and development work
- funds for implementing projects (line – socket unit, factory)
- funds for audits
- substantive support for scaling up the business
what will be developed? know-how
- prototype of a manufacturing cell with production capacity
- design of a nest manufacturing of medical gloves (world innovation)
- glove factory project (through and through)
- proven, tested, production-approved product
- own modifiable production – project and product development
- innovative products and solutions
- nano additives – as the next step of project
- biodegradability + biocomponents
- prototype to improve results and possibly change production process
- improvement of the production process, water recovery, energy saving
- formulation improvement – material development
- testing new materials – easy change of manufacturing cell, low consequence of changes – easy analysis
- increased security of supply on the home market, in case of supply chain disruption (as in the case of a pandemic outbreak)
FANTASY (research project)
- an underground production process
- production process based on smelter / power plant
- revitalisation of mines – an opportunity for Silesia